Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Special Visitor during the summer

We had a really great summer, there were some low points. Like DH breaking his femur and tearing his hamstring off in 2 places, and having no money to go on the trip that we wanted to go on. But don't cry for me, we had some fun times too.



School started Monday and it has been quiet bliss for 2 days. The Middle has been a riot starting Kindergarten. He insisted yesterday to his teacher that he was a bus rider (he's a car rider) and was in line to get on some bus when big brother stepped in and stopped that one. He was so mad that he started fighting with Big Brother in the hallway and it resulted in the little one kicking the big one. Ahhh good times. DH told him last night that if he got on a bus, he wouldn't come home. To this he said in a whiny voice, "But I want to come home!" Its been fun.



Im so glad that fall is on its way, I HATE Arkansas summers. I would gladly trade places with you Che anytime. Snow and all!



I have been working on LOTS of things, and I will show you more later. I'm also on Ravelry, SocialKnitter there.



For now, I will leave you with this picture I took of our special visitor.


This Black widow spider was on the side of our house and was as big as a half dollar. It was pretty scary considering that they can kill or really hurt small children. She was quickly killed by the DH, who knew that De Icer could be just as good as Raid? Freaky huh? Its our 7th BW Spider here in 3 years. That doesn't even include the Brown Recluses that we find either. Oh ick.



5 comments:

Jodi said...

That's a very scary visitor! I'm ready for fall, too. Bring on the wool, pumpkins, apples, and fall leaves!

Viva Scrapper! said...

EEEW We get Crazy black widows at our pad. We've gotten all kinds of creative with the spider murdering around here....but hey it's better then the DSB's niece and nephew getting bitten.

che' said...

Thats yucky friend!!!

Welcome back to blog land by the way!

Sunshyne said...

Nice new blog! Ick to the Spider!

Viva Scrapper! said...

Did you ever end up killing that thing? I had one under the utility sink faucet knob in the laundry room this morning. There I was trying to Scrub a mustard stain out of a white shirt then well...I damn near grabbed it. I'm one of those "I hate to kill bugs" weenies but there is no excuse for a teeny being to be so poisioness and to be in my laundry room!